Work Injuries

If you have been injured at work, or suffered a disease or condition caused by your work, you may be eligible to make a claim for workers compensation.

This includes claims for psychological injuries, for example, if you have been bullied at work.

Most workers compensation schemes cover you for your time off work and treatment expenses.  There is sometimes a provision for a lump sum if you have suffered permanent impairment.

Some workers compensation schemes allow for higher cover if your injury was caused by your employer’s negligence – a common law claim.  These are complex to bring but generally are well worth the effort.

Some workers compensation schemes cover you for injuries that occurred on your way to or from work.

Claims relating to work accidents are subject to different time limits depending on where the injury occurred, where the employment was based and the kind of claim being made.  You should get specialist advice as soon as possible.

Our lawyers have vast experience in making such claims and are skilled at identifying if you have a common law claim.

What to do?

  • See your doctor and obtain a workers compensation medical certificate.
  • Ask your employer for a claim form.
  • Call Blumers.

Have you been injured?

Get in touch for an obligation free, no charge appointment to assess your claim.

Contact Us